If you are an Undergraduate or Postgraduate Student who is a highly motivated team player, passionate about enhancing the well-being of ageing population and have an interest in Gerontology, please join the Sau Po Centre on Ageing as a Student Volunteer. Our Centre is enthusiastic to share your fresh perspectives, new ideas and viewpoints in our research studies.
What will Student Volunteer Gain?
- Learning Experience when they work with members of our research team in delivering research-support duties, including data collection (through interview, focus group); data analysis; preparation of reports and manuscripts, etc.
- Diverse Exposure when they participate as support-members in our knowledge exchange activities, such as symposiums, seminars and professional training programmes.
- Our Centre is pleased to present a Testimonial to the student volunteers upon satisfactory completion of their volunteer work.
The working time is on regular or ad hoc basis, subject to the mutual agreement between our Centre and the student volunteer.
The volunteer work is non-credit bearing. It does not form a legitimate employer-employee relationship between the student volunteer and our Centre or The University of Hong Kong.
How to Apply?
Interested students should send the following to us:
- Your up-to-date curriculum vitae
- Your student ID card copy (to show your student identity)
- Your most recent academic transcript (if applicable)
- A one-page statement of your interest in the position; in particular, please describe any relevant experiences in research and gerontology subject.
Applicants should have good spoken and written Chinese and English.Qualified students from The University of Hong Kong and other local or overseas universities are welcome to apply for the position.
Please send your application to our Centre by MAIL:
(Subject: Application for Student Volunteer)
Sau Po Centre on Ageing, HKU
2/F, The Hong Kong Jockey Club Building for Interdisciplinary Research,
5 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong
Email or fax is NOT entertained.
Our Centre thanks applicants for their interest, but advises that only shortlisted applicants will be notified of the application result.